Beginning of May until September (during the south-west monsoon) divers are pretty much guaranteed to see manta rays. These magnificent mysterious creatures always swim in Maldives waters throughout the year. North Male’ atoll and South Ari atoll is in the central tourism zone and provides reliably good diving around the atoll reefs, with healthy numbers of sharks, turtles and schooling game fish as well as all the small colourful reef life. In Ari atoll Maya Thilla is famous for its school of hammerhead sharks.
The best way to see the Dive Sites of the Maldives is onboard a dedicated live-aboard. Our selected cruise yachts can take to the best kept secrets of the underwater. Maldives reefs and seas are habitat to micro organism from plankton to gentle giants such as whale sharks. As Maldives is in the tropics throughout the year you get warm water and water temperature is around 24 degrees Celsius.
A typical dive cruise includes:
- 7 to 14 nights accommodation onboard cruise yacht
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner
- 2 large bottle of water per person per day
- Services of a local dive guide
- Excursions to local island(s)
- Free use of snorkelling gearr
- Complimentary coffee and tea
- Government Tourist Bed tax
- 2 to 3 dives per day